Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops

Tonight we had pork chops for dinner. Normally, my husband does NOT like pork chops, but he will eat them this way. My daughter helped me out by making the fruit salad - although I was slightly concerned when she asked me what would happen if she cut off her finger while slicing the banana's. Especially since she was using a butter knife! Here's the recipe

Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops:

4 boneless pork chops with fat trimmed off
Pork Chop Seasoning (or your favorite season all; or salt, pepper, garlic, onion and white pepper - can add ginger or cayenne as well)
Sea salt
Black Pepper
2 T Olive Oil
2/3 cup Balsamic Vinegar
2 tsp sugar

Heat pan over medium high heat. Add olive oil, heat one minute more, and then add seasoned pork chops. Cook over medium high heat until browned on both sides and cooked through (about 5 minutes). Remove pork chops from pan and place on a plate. Add vinegar and sugar and cook over medium low heat for 2 minutes. Place pork chops back into pan and cook for 4 minutes more, flipping them every minute to coat them thoroughly. Remove pork chops from stove, and pour sauce over the top. Serve immediately.

The end result (we served it with steamed brown rice, fruit salad and lima beans):


The Verdict:
My husband doesn't like lima beans, so the thumbs down was for them! Everyone else loved the entire meal, though - and believe it or not, lima beans are my 6 year olds FAVORITE vegetable (and no, we don't soak them in butter). Let me know if you try it, or have a different variation. Sorry that I don't have a calorie count on this one, but it shouldn't be too complicated to calculate. Happy family dinner time!

No comments: