Thursday, January 6, 2011

Chicken Casserole Bake


My family really enjoyed this meal. Carl had two complaints - it confused his mouth to have so many flavors (which is why I liked it) and he doesn't like cilantro (again, one of the reasons that I liked it!).

Ingredients:

1 tbsp olive oil
6 chicken pieces (I used boneless, skinless breasts)
2 yellow peppers, sliced
1 onion, sliced (Carl prefers that I leave this part out)
One bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped
3 cloves crushed garlic
2 green chilies, sliced
3 tsp ground coriander
1 can garbanzo beans, drained
1 cup rice
Juice from 1 large lemon
2 cups chicken broth

Preheat oven to 375* with casserole dish inside. Heat olive oil in skillet over med-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides, remove from skillet. Increase heat to med-high or high and add peppers and onion to skillet. After a few minutes add all of the rest of the ingredients. When it is boiling transfer the contents of the skillet into the warm casserole dish. Place chicken on top and bake for 30 minutes.

Carlye also suggested that next time we add cheese. An entire meal in one dish. This one is fun to prepare as a family because everyone can help chop, slice, dice or squeeze something. And don't forget to clean up together!

2 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

I agree with Carl. I don't like cilantro, it reminds me of how I I imagine dirty socks tasting.

JJthe1st said...

It sounds fabo to me! But I looooove cilantro! I am definitely going to try this one.